Google Analytics

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Week 3 Part 1: Communicating Through Social Media



   Through my years of using social media, I can not think of a time when I found it difficult to
communicate with a business. This has something to do with the fact that I only choose business with good reviews and/or a strong social media presence. A business that has social media makes it easier to communicate, whether it is to complement or provide constructive criticism. If there is an issue you had with the food or the service you can contact them and they can possible solve your issue.
   I have had a positive feed back when I communicated my negative experience with a business through social media. A group of us decided to check out a local sports bar during the World Cup and when we got inside we notice none of the T.V was playing the soccer games. My brother in law goes up to the bartender and asks politely if he can switch one of the T.V. to the World Cup. The bartender says " what " like two times kind of in a rude tone. So my brother in law says can you switch it to the "Soccer game? ". At this point you can see the bartender was annoyed with the fact that he was being persistent and replies " What's that?". As a group we looked at each other and realized that he did have any intention in switching the channel. We felt outcast-ed, discriminated and unwelcome.This made me angry because I chose this "Sports" Bar because of their reviews so I took the time to voice my experience.  The business replied to my comment and apologized for their employee's action. They gave me an incentive to give them another try and they will provide free drinks on the house.
   In my business I would always try my best to acknowledge positive and negative feed backs. As a consumer I know that there are social media page whether you claim the page or not that have feedback from customers. Responding to these feedback is crucial because it allows you to either thank someone for their nice words, or make someone less mad about their concerns. Replying to customer's good and bad comments show that you really care and in the end that is what everyone wants to feel like you care about their concerns.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy,

    You and I share experienced a similar situation when it comes to bad experiences. Both experience also had a response to the situation. It goes to show that listening to consumers is good social media practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! … good job on your blog post. You effectively explained why responding to your customer, whether good or bad, is extremely important to one’s business. I enjoyed reading about the negative experience at the local sports bar you attended, and happy to hear that the business replied your complaint with incentives. It seems like they understand the importance of good customer service, on social media, in the food and beverage industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    That is very absurd how someone makes you repeat what you said and then does not really acknowledge on what you requested.Good thing you made a post about your experience there. No matter what that will always be there and then they'll see the reaction of the managements side if they are to help.Voice yourself at all times I highly encourage it. Keep staying positive.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping it up

    This class has been an enjoyable experience for me. I was able to broaden my knowledge with social media that I had, and also learn ab...