Google Analytics

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Week 1: My Template




  For my new Blog, I decided to use the "Favicon" layout. I looked through all the templates and was looking for a variety of things that I thought would be useful to have for this particular blog. I have never made a blog; however, I knew I wanted to have something that was catchy but simple to navigate. At first, I wanted to chose the "Simple"layout, but I decided I wanted something that would stand out and be more of a modern blog. The main reasons I chose " Favicon" layout was because on the main page it had an easy access search bar, my google profile picture, and a home link button that did not require you to press down a menu bar to access. 
    
  "Favicon" layout is also a good layout because it will add your posts in the beginning of the blog so it is easier to see the latest posts.This layout has good traits for being convenient and easy to navigate. You are also able to add more tabs on the right menu.The viewers would be able to tell immediately what your blog has to offer. On the top right of the layout it has another search bar for google. I like this trait because if you need to google something quick you are able to do so without opening another window which saves you time. 

  This is my first blog I have created, however I do run my father's business website and I always try to think of ways to save time for the guest on the web-page. The "Favicon" layout has exactly what I as a visitor would hope to find on a blog. To be able to see everything you need on the first page by clicking on a link.  The background I chose was to have some color and making the blog more appealing to the reader. I didn't want to get a background picture that took away from this modern layout and distract the visitor. 
      
   


6 comments:

  1. For this weeks I commented on Megan Smith,Andrea Esquivel, and Christian Dahmann blogs about their template choice and the reason they chose that particular template.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening,

    I like the idea of adding a search bar as part of the blog. I write my blog with several topics in mind and I want the reader to be able to have all of the posts related to that topic at their fingertips. Having been frustrated with other blogs that don't make the information I want easy to find, I think you made a very good choice in that regard. One tool blogger has is the labels tool. Using this tool you can add a way for readers to filter posts to the content they want to see.

    Mat Ward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that you wanted to focus on having something catchy. That didn't even cross my mind when I was creating mine, lol. You are very specific for choosing your template and all of them fall in line with your viewers and what will appeal to them and make your blog easy to navigate. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I like how to menu bar is located on the right side and has a light smoke black to it. This goes with your green background that has a texture of black in it. Thanks for describing the outlook on why you chose this template. Looks mesmerizing and has a great but simple presence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy!

    I really like that you put a lot of thought into the layout and theme of your page. The background has very beautiful shades of green meshed together; which, somehow, makes it just vibrant enough without distracting from the content. Overall it has great functionality and is very visibly appealing!

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy,

    Great contrast between the content of your blog and background image. It easy on the eyes. The background choice has a cool texture/pattern that draws attention to your page well.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17: Wrapping it up

    This class has been an enjoyable experience for me. I was able to broaden my knowledge with social media that I had, and also learn ab...